Neverland(dreamtone)

Yurtdışından bir kritik daha...

Pyro Music - Avustralya (http://pyromusic.net) (insanları arama derdinden kurtaralım )

Two years have passed since Dreamtone unleashed their demo album, entitled 'Unforseen Reflections'. In that time they've grown as musicians and songwriters, but still have yet to find a suitable label. 'Sojourn', their debut album, is the result of a lot of hard work and perseverance and the band's time and effort has reaped a great result.

Wearing their influences on their sleeves, Dreamtone play a generally Progressive brand of Metal, with interwoven elements of classical music adding a nice shade of variety to their sound. Each of the 17-tracks featured on 'Sojourn' is compositionally rock-solid, well structured and distinct. With excellent guest keyboards curtesy of Ozan Alparslan, occasional female vocals (Yasemin Genc) and narration (Gary Wehrkamp) in the mix, the album is taken to another level.

One of the biggest things going for this record is the musicianship. There are some fantastic riffs to be heard throughout 'Sorourn's' 50-minute duration, and an overall sound of refined and professional instrumental skills. It's not difficult to tell these guys are relative newcomers to the metal thing, especially in vocals which still need some work, but there's nothing short of solid on offer, and some seriously memorable moments.

Dreamtone still have plenty of room to grow, but it's only a matter of time before they ink a deal with a smart record label, and receive the financial backing and promotional support to allow their music to truly shine and reach much wider, appreciative audiences. This one is recommended for open-minded Progressive Metal fans the world over. Once again, Dreamtone have come up with a concrete release and this is a debut to be proud of.

7.1/10 - Very Good
- Pyro

Herkese selam;

http://music.download.com adresinde yer alan Dreamtone klasörüne Sojourn kayıtlarından iki yeni parça yükledik (Behind the Face ve Nightmare). İlgilenenlere duyurulur.

NOT: Parçaların indirilmeye hazır hale gelmesi biraz zaman alabilir, nitekim hizmete sunum servisleri CNET insiyatifindedir.

Aynı parçaları ayrıca www.myspace.com adresinden [email protected] e-posta kullanıcısını veya Dreamtone ismini aratarak bulabileceğiniz "Dreamtone" sayfasından da temin edebilirsiniz. Tabii bu servisin insiyatifleri de Myspace e bağlı ve dolayısıyla birkaç gün denemeniz gerekebilir.

Saygılar sevgiler...

Sojourn ile ilgili biraz daha bilgi verelim. İşte albümün playlisti;

1-Sojourn (full track)
2-A Transition
3-Behind the Face (full track)
4-A Dream
5-Escape (full track) (instrumental)
6-Reasons (full track)
7-Come to Me (full track)
8-The Teaser (full track)
9-Realisation
10-This is a Goodbye (full track)
11-My Last Dawn
12-Nightmare (full track)
13-Riot (full track)
14-An Angel Fell
15-The Pact
16-Nemesis (full track)
17-Epilogue (full track) (instrumental)

Konsept bir çalışma olan Sojourn'un wallpaperlarına web sayfamız olan www.dreamtone.net adresinin download kısmından ulaşabilirsiniz. Yeni wallpaperlarda çok yakında eklenecekler.

Aynı kısımda grubun promo fotoğrafıda bulunmakta.

İlgilenenlere duyurulur :)

Güzel bir gelişme var :) Sezonun ilk konser haberini sonunda duyuruyoruz :)

KONSER
1 EKİM 2005 - CUMARTESİ

DREAMTONE

FİYAT: 6.000.000 TL (İlk bira dahil)

YER: OVERALL BAR - ANKARA (Güvenlik CAD)

Kapı açılış 20:00

Başlangıç 21:00

18 YAŞ SINIRI VARDIR!

BİLET SATIŞ NOKTALARI ÇOK YAKINDA
www.dreamtone.net

Konserle ilgili gelişmeler oldukça buradan iletmeye devam edeceğiz. İyi kalın...

Afis

Konserle ilgili afis asagidadir/ Yeni gelismeleri www.dreamtone.net adresinden takip edebilirsiniz.
overall.jpg

Bu arada konserle ilgili son bir haber var. Biletler henüz bilet satış noktalarına ulaşmadılar. Bu hafta içinde biletleri hazırlayıp Shades Müzik'e ve Zıd Müzik'e vereceğiz.

Şimdiden konserde görüşmek üzere :) ...[/img]

Yurtdışından bir kritik daha..

METAL TEMPLE (YUNANİSTAN)

It is my personal belief that there’s a whole lot of unsigned bands out there that definitely deserve a "shot at glory" but unfortunately - as we all know - the music industry works in "mysterious ways" (uh huh, yeah, I’m being ironic - to a point). Of course as we all also definitely know (for sure), there’s a whole lot of unsigned bands out there who’re unsigned and will remain unsigned because they’re simply not good enough to "enter the pit" (or you could say that they just suck...). Dreamtone, the Prog/Power Metal act from Turkey, is a band I’m "revisiting" with quite interest, I must say.

In 2004 Dreamtone pretty much amazed me with their previous Demo, "Unforseen Reflections", and to quote myself "I am pretty impressed by the instrumentation done by these guys, I mean, they almost sound as if they’re this great, world-known, Power Metal band which just recorded an album together with an entire orchestra". Now, in 2005, with an even more enhanced lineup (they brought in a second guitar player, Burak Kahraman, leaving Oganalp Canatan stick to just singing) and the addition of three guest musicians - one of them being the multitalented Gary Wehrkamp of Shadow Gallery in a narrating role - "Sojourn" is here, patiently awaiting for my "examination".

First fact I should point out is that Dreamtone have made distinct progress, music wise. Oganalp’s vocals have really improved and the band sounds more "tight", thus their compositions sound more "hard worked". We’re dealing with a concept album here (with a really dreamy cover artwork - yeah, I like it) which is quite rare for your ordinary Demo release, to my eyes at least it is. The story’s about an angel who’s been deceived into selling his soul to the Devil, in return of an agreement to see his family again. Pretty interesting though a bit over-exploited I think, the angel/devil theme. On to the music...

"Sojourn" (recorded once more at New Midas Studio) includes 17 tracks of which 11 are full songs and 6 are narrations of musician extraordinaire Garry Wehrkamp who is The Narrator of this nice (yet as I said, not that unusual) little tale. Most of the album is indeed a clearly Prog/Power Metal album with rhythm changes, pleasant melodic fluctuations and interesting musical ideas here and there. Ideas that could of course sound a lot better in a really good studio, with maybe a different producer. Because the production has always probably been the band’s major drawback but you’ve got to keep in mind that we’re talking about a Demo release which means that these guys are ordinary dudes, with ordinary pockets, sticking their hands in there (I mean in their pockets...) trying to come up with a decent amount of money to try and record their dreams, their ambitions. And when I say "drawback" I don’t mean the typical lousy sound many Demos have (which make you wanna slam yourself into a thick brick wall repeatedly until you become your own first self-imprinted splatter poster) but I mean you’ve got a really good package (from the artwork to the very tunes) with... the drums for example sounding quite bleh ("bleh": in lack of a better word). And overall I wish the songs sounded a bit louder, a bit more explosive (or according to Ali G, "massive").

There’s influences in Dreamtone’s music ranging from Blind Guardian’s atmosphere/feeling to Dream Theater (example: "Behind The Face"), Shadow Gallery and Iron Maiden (example: "This Is A Goodbye"). But unlike other bands, Dreamtone manage to retain a certain uniqueness due to Oganalp’s distinguishing voice. Surely he needs to keep on working on his vocals but as I mentioned before, he’s done a lot of progress (as has the entire band) and I’d bet my left testicle that he’ll one day be among the "cream" of musicians in the Prog/Power Metal arena.

"Sojourn" is a role model in the chaotic land of unsigned Demo releases. Record labels should really get in touch with the band and check them out. You know, I honestly don’t think Shadow Gallery’s Gary Wehrkamp would be helping them out if he didn’t feel there’s a bright future lying ahead of them. It’s not like they were already famous and had tons of money to "buy" Garry’s participation on "Sojourn". He obviously saw what I saw in them from my review of their previous Demo; talent, will and ambition - three most basic elements to get anywhere nowadays. Until next time...take a Sojourney through Dreamtone’s dreams...

- Album Highlights: "Come To Me" (beautiful ballad), "Behind The Face", "Escape", "Nightmare" and "Epilogue". The cool artwork done by Kerem Beyit

3.5/5 GOOD

Tüm Dreamtone'a selamlar.
Tebrikler.Sizlerin yurtdışında aldığınız güzel kritikler,başarılarınız bir Türk olarak bizi de gururlandırır.
Siz bunları hakediyorsunuz.
Başarılarınızın devamını dilerim.Umarım ilerde bu güzel haberler hiç kesilmez ve Dreamtone tam gaz yoluna devam eder.
Tekrar tebrikler.
Ayrıca bir gitarist ıolarak bişeye değinmkek istiyorum.
Sevgili arkadaşım Dreamtone'dan Burak'ı çok beğendiğimi dinlemenizi konserlerde ilgiyle izlemenizi şiddetle tavsiye ediyorum.
Dreamtone'u tekrar tekrar tebrik ediyorum.başarılarının devamını diliyorum.sojourn'u dinledim ve çok beğendiğimi ekliyorum.

OverAll konseri ile ilgili bir gelişmemiz var. Konserin biletleri bugun Zıd Müzik'e ve Shades Muzik'e ulaştı. Yarından itibaren bilet alabilirsiniz.

Şimdiden konserde görüşmek üzere :)
İyi kalın...

Geri
Üst